Magnesium Die Casting
What Is Magnesium Die Casting – The Define Of Magnesium Alloy Die Casting
Magnesium alloys have a wide range of appliaction. Magnesium die casting can be used in aerospace, medical, electronic products and many other fields. Magnesium alloy die-casting can be said to be one of its most important application technologies. The magnesium alloy die-casting process is similar to other die-casting processes, but due to the different characteristics of magnesium alloys, there are differences in pressure, speed, temperature and application of coatings. .
Magnesium alloy die casting is divided into two types: hot chamber and cold chamber, and the pressure during die casting is also different. The injection specific pressure of the hot room machine is about 40MPa, while the specific pressure of the cold room machine is usually 40-70MPa. Magnesium alloys have low inertia due to their low density. At the same time, due to the fast solidification of magnesium alloys, the entire cavity needs to be filled before the metal solidifies, so the injection speed of magnesium alloys is faster. In addition, temperature is a thermal factor in the magnesium alloy die-casting process. In order to provide good filling conditions, ensure the molding quality of die-casting parts, and control and maintain thermal stability, corresponding temperature specifications must be selected, mainly referring to the casting temperature of the magnesium alloy. temperature. The role of the coating is to provide an effective isolation and protection layer between the die-casting alloy and the mold to prevent the molten metal from directly scouring the cavity.
The Advantages Of Magnesium Alloy Die Casting
- The density is light, catering to the trend of fuel-saving automobiles and lightweight household appliances;
- Machining and cutting are easy, the tool life is nearly doubled compared to aluminum alloys, and the surface finish is good;
- Magnesium alloy castings have fewer pores than aluminum alloys;
- Compared with aluminum alloy die-casting, magnesium alloy die-casting is less likely to stick to the mold, and workers are more labor-saving;
- Compared with aluminum alloy, magnesium alloy casting has long service life and good maintenance, and the mold can use more than 250,000 molds;
- Compared with aluminum alloy, magnesium alloy has less heat absorption from solid state to liquid state, and is more energy-saving in the melting stage;
- China is a country with large magnesium resources, with stable raw materials, and the state encourages the use of magnesium alloys;
- Magnesium alloy castings have the function of absorbing vibration, which is a good choice for mechanical devices to reduce noise;
- Magnesium alloys have good heat transfer performance, and can be used as engine and machine cooling shells;
- The strength is relatively high, about 70% of the aluminum alloy, which can replace the aluminum alloy, and has a good prospect when applied to all aspects;
- Magnesium alloys have high quality appearance, are not easy to age, can replace plastics, and have good prospects when applied to all aspects;
- Compared with plastics, magnesium alloys have electromagnetic shielding function and can be used in the field of electrical appliances;
Magnesium Alloy Die Casting For Laptop 》》》》
Magnesium Die Casting Services – Custom Magnesium Alloy Die Casting Parts Manufacturer In China
Looking for reliable, quick-turn volume Magnesium die casting services suppliers and die casting thin wall magnesium alloy product manufacturers? With hundreds of advanced die casting machines and cnc machines, our unparalleled design and production capacity capabilities guarantee premier OEM Magnesium die casting parts to worldwide customers. At diecasting-services.com – China Top Magnesium die casting Supplier, you can find comprehensive certified die casting process in Magnesium alloy materials (AZ91D Magnesium die casting, AM60B Magnesium die casting and more) for high-volume production of end-use components or full item.
Magnesium Alloy Die Casting : Magnesium Alloy is an essential industrial material and commonly die casting material, as it exhibits interesting thermal properties and excellent machinability, and is thus the preferred material in the most manufacturing sector in a wide range of industries. One of the main reasons engineers choose Magnesium Alloy Die Casting parts is because the materials are easy to machine. While Magnesium Alloy Die Casting may seem more beneficial to mechanical parts manufacturers, it also has significant benefits for the business of ordering parts and the end user who ultimately uses the Magnesium Die Casting products.As one of professional Magnesium Alloy Die Casting manufacturers from China, Pintejin Group has own specialized technical staff and management team to design as your custom draws and samples, we have rich experience and understand each type of the Magnesium material characteristics. So we can offer you the best die casting magnesium alloy solution according to your requirements of magnesium parts and products.
- Magnesium alloy AZ91D mainly relies on pressure die casting, which is characterized by high specific strength and greatly improved corrosion resistance compared with pure magnesium. AZ91D belongs to the cast magnesium alloy category. It is mainly processed by pressure die casting and post-processing. The appearance can be changed by surface methods such as electrophoresis. It is characterized by high specific strength and greatly improved corrosion resistance compared with pure magnesium. A represents metal aluminum Al, Z represents metal zinc Zn, 9 represents the content of aluminum is 9%, 1 represents the content of zinc is 1%, and the last D is the identification code. (National Standard GB/T5153-2003)
- AM60B magnesium alloy belongs to magnesium aluminum manganese alloy. The main feature of AM60B magnesium alloy alloy is that it has good wear resistance and strong corrosion resistance. AM60B has a density of about 1.8, making it the lightest metal material. AM60B has a large elastic modulus, good heat dissipation, good shock absorption, magnesium alloy AM60B has a large ability to withstand impact loads, and has good corrosion resistance to organic substances and alkalis.The characteristics of magnesium alloy die-casting: it can be die-casted according to different designs, sizes and requirements.Advantages of magnesium alloy die casting: Compared with aluminum alloy, it is lighter in weight and stronger in rigidity; compared with plastic, it is an environmentally friendly material, with high hardness and anti-magnetic wave interference.
The Features Of Magnesium Alloys
Magnesium alloys are alloys based on magnesium and other elements. Its characteristics are: low density (about 1.8g/cm3), high strength, large elastic modulus, good heat dissipation, good shock absorption, greater impact load capacity than aluminum alloys, and good corrosion resistance to organic substances and alkalis. The main alloying elements are aluminum, zinc, manganese, cerium, thorium and a small amount of zirconium or cadmium. The most widely used are magnesium-aluminum alloys, followed by magnesium-manganese alloys and magnesium-zinc-zirconium alloys. Mainly used in aviation, aerospace, transportation, chemical, rocket and other industrial sectors.
- Light weight: The specific strength of magnesium alloy is higher than that of aluminum alloy and steel/iron, but slightly lower than that of fiber-reinforced plastics with the highest specific strength; its specific stiffness is comparable to that of aluminum alloy and steel/iron, but much higher than that of fiber Reinforced plastic. The specific strength (the ratio of strength/density) and the specific endurance (the ratio of endurance/density) are higher than those of aluminum and iron. Among metal structural materials, its specific gravity is the smallest (2/3 of the density of aluminum and 1/4 of that of steel). Under the same rigid conditions, the firmness of 1kg of magnesium alloy is equivalent to 18kg of aluminum or 2.1kg of steel. For the same complex parts, when magnesium alloy is used, its weight is 1/3 lighter than that of tin and 1/3 lighter than that of steel. 2. This feature is of great significance for reducing the weight of portable products in modern society and reducing the energy consumption of vehicles.
- High damping and shock absorption and shock absorption performance: magnesium alloy has excellent energy absorption ability, can absorb vibration and noise, and ensure that the equipment can work quietly. It is very beneficial to impact and prevent dent damage; the use of magnesium alloy materials as the structural parts of the car is very beneficial to reduce the noise and vibration of the car in motion. In addition, the damping property of magnesium alloy is dozens of times larger than that of aluminum alloy, and the shock absorption effect is very significant. Using magnesium alloy to replace aluminum alloy to make the base of computer hard disk can greatly reduce the weight (about 70%) and greatly increase the stability of the hard disk. It is very conducive to the development of computer hard disks in the direction of high speed and large capacity.
- Good impact resistance and compression resistance: Its impact resistance is 20 times that of plastics. When magnesium alloy castings are impacted, the scars on the surface are much smaller than those of iron and aluminum. Magnesium alloys have the characteristics of absorbing elastic properties and can produce a good combination of impact strength and compressive strength, which is one of the reasons why the rotary lawn cutter cover is made of magnesium alloy die castings.
- Good casting performance: Under the condition of maintaining good component structure, the wall thickness of magnesium alloy casting products can be less than 0.6mm, which is unattainable for plastic products under the same strength conditions, and aluminum alloy products can only be 1.2 mm. Only within the range of ~1.5mm can it be comparable to magnesium products.
- Dimensional stability: below 100 °C, magnesium alloys can maintain their dimensional stability for a long time (in fact, almost no change in the size of the workpiece is observed); dimensional stability is required without annealing and stress relief. A very prominent feature, its volume shrinkage is only 6%, which is the lowest shrinkage in cast metals; it also has good creep strength under load, which is very useful for making engine parts and small engine die castings. significant.
- High mold productivity: Compared with aluminum alloys, magnesium alloys have a lower unit heat content, which means that it can solidify more quickly in the mold. In general, the productivity of magnesium alloys is 40% to 50% higher than that of aluminum die-casting, and can be up to 2 times that of die-casting aluminum.
- Good machining performance: The cutting resistance of magnesium alloy is small, about 1/10 of steel and 1/3 of aluminum alloy, its cutting speed is much higher than other metals, and the cutting time is short; the tool has a long service life, which is better than that of other metals. Other metals have several times higher tool life (few downtimes for tool changes, saving operating time and tool costs); easy cutting and low processing costs, and the processing energy is only 70% of aluminum alloys. No need for mechanical grinding and polishing, excellent surface finish can be obtained without using cutting fluid, which can be obtained after one cut, and there is very little built-up edge; good chip breaking characteristics and temperature conductivity can be used without using Coolant or lubricant.
- Good corrosion resistance: In the atmosphere, magnesium has good corrosion resistance, which is better than iron. For example, the corrosion resistance of high-purity magnesium alloy AZ91D is much better than that of low-carbon steel, which has exceeded that of die-casting aluminum alloy A380; in addition, beryllium and calcium in magnesium alloy can improve its corrosion resistance, while iron, cobalt, nickel, copper in magnesium alloy , the presence of silicon has greatly reduced its corrosion resistance.
- High heat dissipation: Magnesium alloy has high heat dissipation, which is very suitable for making electronic products with dense components. The thermal conductivity of magnesium alloy is 350 to 400 times that of ABS resin. Therefore, when making electronic product casings or parts, it can give full play to the heat dissipation function and discharge the heat generated by electronic parts such as CPU in time. If you only consider the heat dissipation of notebook computers and other products, because magnesium alloys conduct heat quickly and are not easy to get hot, it is undoubtedly the best choice to use magnesium alloys as the shell of notebook computers.
- Good electromagnetic interference barrier: Magnesium alloy has better magnetic shielding performance than aluminum alloy, better blocking electromagnetic wave function, and is more suitable for making electronic products that emit electromagnetic interference. It can be used as the shell of computers, mobile phones and other products to reduce the radiation hazards of electromagnetic waves to the human body.
- Low heat capacity: The heat capacity of magnesium alloy is smaller than that of aluminum alloy, and it is not easy to stick to the mold and prolong the life of the mold.
- Recyclability: waste magnesium alloy castings have the characteristics of being recyclable and remelting, and can be used as secondary materials for AZ91D, AM50, AM60 for recasting. Due to the growing demand for die castings, the ability to recycle them is very important. This environmentally friendly property makes magnesium alloys more attractive than many plastic materials. Under the environment of high environmental awareness. In the future, environmental awareness will have an increasing impact on business behavior. Factors that comply with environmental regulations will inevitably overwhelm factors such as cost and function, and become the key preferred factor that dominates the survival of products. Therefore, the importance of highly recyclable metal products will become more and more important. be highly valued. In addition, magnesium alloy also has the characteristics of fatigue resistance, non-toxicity, non-magnetic and low crack tendency, not easy to crack, etc., which can be suitable for some specific fields.
The Application Of Magnesium Alloy Die Casting
With the continuous development and popularization and application of magnesium alloy forming technology, magnesium alloy die-casting structural parts will be more and more widely used in automobiles, home appliances, communication electronics, portable tools, aerospace, military industry and other fields, and its consumption ratio will increase dramatically increased to more than 60%. At present, magnesium alloys (die-casting parts) are mainly used in die-casting products such as mobile phones, notebook computer casings, and accessories, and are also widely used in automobile, home appliance manufacturing and other industries.
- Automobile: generally used to make seat frame, instrument panel/panel, steering wheel/steering wheel and steering column, roof cover, gear box, door frame, wheel hub, rear wheel cover of automobile, cylinder of automobile engine (Top) Cover, Cylinder Block, Bracket, Transmission Housing, Clutch Housing, Fuel Tank Pan, Dust Pan, Valve Cover, Air Intake Valve and Air Cleaner Cover, Bracket, Ring, Steering Wheel Shock Shaft, Motor, Parts such as intake manifold and security parts (among them, the steering wheel, steering column and wheel hub are the parts that use magnesium alloys more). We believe that with the continuous development of related technologies, more auto parts will be made of magnesium alloys.
- Mobile phones: Magnesium alloys are extremely important for mobile phones due to their vibration-resistant and anti-wear properties, especially the special function of shielding electromagnetic waves. These features can help eliminate consumers’ doubts about whether electromagnetic waves will affect human health. Although the cost of magnesium alloys is still relatively high, magnesium alloys will surely win more favor from mobile phone manufacturers and consumers due to their light weight, high temperature resistance, strong plasticity and strong antimagnetic ability.
- Laptop case: The current laptop case emphasizes the characteristics of good heat dissipation, light weight, strong wear resistance and bright colors. The main materials of notebook computer shells on the market are ABS plastic, carbon fiber, aluminum-magnesium alloy and titanium alloy. Generally speaking, the most popular materials in the market and consumers are aluminum-magnesium alloy and titanium alloy products. Among them, the single-piece thickness of magnesium alloy products is about 1.0mm, which is light in weight and good in ductility. The future development momentum of magnesium alloys is more optimistic.
- Precision instruments: The impact resistance of magnesium alloys makes it more suitable for making high-rigidity integral components and impacted parts, such as instrument shells and bases. It acts as damping and shock absorption when transmitting vibration, which can improve the sensitivity and stability of the instrument.
- National defense and aerospace: It can be used to make gear boxes and horizontal rotor accessories for military helicopters, aircraft landing wheels, gear box covers, anti-tank grenades, some structural parts of light tanks and armored ambulances, cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, transmissions Box, missile shell and tail, radar locator shell, etc. In addition, magnesium alloys can also be widely used in the production of cameras, video cameras, projectors, video recorders, chainsaws, lawn mowers, rechargeable batteries, microphones, earphones, MD and CD players, etc. Shells, handheld computers (ie handheld HPC) and Decorative parts for TV and other home appliances, etc.
The application of magnesium alloys has been briefly introduced. The application of magnesium alloys in automobiles is also mentioned above. Then we will introduce the application of magnesium alloys in automobiles in detail: Since the oil crisis in the Middle East in 1970, in order to reduce the quality of automobiles, reduce fuel consumption and pollution, and improve safety performance, the application of magnesium alloys in the automobile industry has been increasing day by day. At present, the regions and countries with a large amount of magnesium alloys in the automobile industry are mainly North America, Europe, Japan and South Korea. Based on the use of some manufacturers, so far, there are more than 60 parts of automobiles using magnesium alloys:
- Car interior components: instrument panel, seat frame, seat lifter, console frame, airbag cover, steering wheel, locking device cover, steering column, steering column bracket, radio shell, small tool box door, window motor Covers, brake and clutch pedal brackets, pneumatic bracket pedals, etc.
- Body components: door frame, tail panel, roof frame, roof panel, IP beam, etc.
- Engine and transmission system: valve cover, cam cover, four-wheel drive gearbox body, manual shift transmission, clutch housing piston, intake pipe, oil pan, AC motor bracket, transmission housing, gearbox housing, oil filter connector, motor cover, cylinder head cover, distribution plate bracket, oil pump housing, fuel tank, oil filter bracket, left half crankcase, right half crankcase, empty hood, left suction pipe, right suction pipe, etc.
- Chassis: wheel hub, engine bracket, front and rear booms, tail tray bracket.